For 100 years we have been turning our customer’s ideas and concepts into high quality bespoke, handmade joinery and, at the same time, building an enviable reputation for the highest standards of manufacturing skills and customer service. The business continues to build on it’s achievements through a continuous process of investment in people, skills, new technology, state of the art software and manufacturing methods. At Hawker Joinery, we take a keen interest in being of service to the community locally, regionally and nationally.
Hawker Joinery was established in 1919 by F.W. Hawker. Mr Hawker set up a workshop in Batheaston to produce wooden crane cabins for Stothert and Pitt (one of the finest local engineering companies). Hawker Joinery prides itself on this heritage, and over 90 years on, the joinery is still hand-crafted in Bath today.
Whilst specialising in windows, Hawker Joinery has diversified into making a wide selection of hand-crafted joinery at a high level of quality. Over the years we have gained a valued reputation, working with aspirational home owners, contractors, architects and developers. Our valued reputation has meant that we have proudly produced handmade joinery for the Bath Abbey, The Duchy of Cornwall, Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace.
At Hawker Joinery, it is important to us that we provide a polite yet professional service from start to finish. We are very efficient in every department and can provide you with a professional quotation, including complete detailed drawings for each joinery item required alongside a specification.
Who you're likely to meet
Nigel Hodges – Sales DirectorNigel has worked in the Joinery Manufacturing industry since he left Senior School. Time served apprenticeship completed with large Bath based Building Company Hayward and Wooster having worked on the bench and various building sites in Bristol and Bath surrounding area. Nigel joined Hawker Joinery as the assistant foreman in 1981 and progressed through the workshop, advancing to an office based role. His past responsibilities have included estimating and overseeing projects at Kensington Palace, Windsor Castle and St James Palace. Nigel enjoys caravanning at weekends and most summer holidays with his family. Regularly cycles with his daughter and enjoys gardening and some DIY work at home. As Sales Director, Nigel’s roles include;
- Visits to client’s homes and building sites
- Discuss and agree designs of new joinery from drawings
- Inspect and advise on replacement joinery
- Advise on use of timber based materials as necessary
- Provide drawings for estimating and production purposes as required.
- Estimate and provide quotes
- Secure work, confirm payment terms
- Agree timescales for production with Production Director
- Liaison with client and workforce to ensure satisfactory production
- Final invoicing
- City & Guilds Advanced Craft
- 8 Years bench joiner / carpenter
- Assistant Foreman 6 years
- Estimating duties 28 years
- Vast knowledge gained supplying and installing quality bespoke joinery and fitments for private clients, builders and Architects to their exacting requirements.
Mitchell Thomas – Commercial DirectorMitchell Joined the team as a commercial director in 2016, he brought with him a great knowledge of joinery for his age and is very keen to keep improving this. Mitchell deals with all ICT within the business and has a vast knowledge on our software JMS which produces all our quotations in a professional and economical manner. Mitchell is very keen with sports, loves to play golf and is a very low handicap golfer. He also enjoys spending time with the family. As Commercial Director, Mitchell’s role includes:
- Producing estimates/quotations
- Performance tracking
- Monitoring lead times
- Improving software systems
- Liaising with customers;
- Customer queries
- Following up quotations
- Level 1,2 and 3 Diploma in Bench Joinery
- Level 3 Diploma in Construction
- 2 years as a site carpenter
- Plenty of experience dealing with customers and making sure large contracts for joinery are delivered in time with a high standard of finish.
Who else is here?
The Hawker Joinery team are a fun and happy workforce who take pride in every piece of work they produce. When it comes to experience and expertise our team doesn’t fall short with over 200 years under their belts!
Celebrating 100 years of Hawker Joinery
1919 Originally founded by Frederick William Hawker in 1919, Hawker Joinery began life by making crane… More
Introducing our Sustainability and Environmental Policy
At Hawker Joinery, we have a Sustainability and Environmental Policy. Why? Joinery is an integral part… More
A successful start to 2018 for the Hawker Joinery team
Finalists for the Bath Life Awards 2018 and awarded Best of Houzz 2018 for Customer Service… More
Hawker Joinery wins Bath Chronicle Small Business Award 2017
With our 100th year anniversary a few months away, Hawker Joinery are honoured to win the… More